Saturday, February 12, 2011

Home Improvement

Almost a year into living together in our avenue apartment and we're feeling like it is starting to finally look and feel like home. Here is Becca's move in day in April 2010:
Living Room
Living Room

Bedroom

Now we're starting to get a little decorating bug and are putting some home-y touches on our apartment pad... here are our most recent HOME IMPROVEMENTS!


A little IKEA furniture and some self-painted decor have spiced up our white washed bedroom. These lamp shades didn't last long, however, due to a certain feline who has been previously mentioned in this blog. Won't name names or anything....


Furniture covers are a PAIN but our couches were FREE, so we'll deal with the covers for now!
Love the drapes in the living room so much that there are twins in the bedroom as closet covers, as well!


If you know me at all you know that I am HANDS DOWN, in LOVE with my KitchenAid. I have been saving for this one for a while and I'm hear to tell you that it was worth every single penny. This is the single best purchase that I have made. Love you, boo!

We swapped out our dinosaur TV and broken stand for a sassy new flat screen (on sale, of course) and an IKEA entertainment center. This DIY project turned out great in the end, but let me tell you it was ROUGH for a while. FIVE HOURS after opening the boxes to start the build we finally had something to show for it. We won't count the swear words, tears, or times that the cat went behind closed doors in order for this bad boy to go down!


One of the things our home was lacking was decor and pictures! I'm big on pictures and wanted space to put more up.
Thus, here are some cheap IKEA shelves along with a little bamboo to fill up a previously very empty wall.


Believe it or not, I have been here for 2 years without a vacuum! Once Ellie fluffed out into the ginormous cat that she is we realized pretty quickly that a heavy duty pet vac was more than needed. This vacuum has saved our lives! No bags to replace, a soft motor, and check out all the hair it pulls up in just one run! Gross, right? Yeah, I couldn't love it more because it means it is off the carpet!


Finally, not a project we instigated but definitely one that we love! Here is our previous oven/stove, circa 1970's...


And here is my brand new baby! I love love love this new oven, thanks landlords! Stay tuned for the story about the day the landlord knocked on our door at 8am with a stove in hand... cat crisis ensued!

These are our home improvements for now! We're loving the new look of the apartment. I have to CALM DOWN when it comes to decorating (I love it so much I could do it all day and spend all of our money...), but the next room under construction is our bedroom, so I'll keep you posted! Photos of the bathroom and the spare bedroom to come because they're looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment