1) We're harboring a fugitive by the name of Ellie
2) Both of us are rule-keepers and HATE, HATE, HATE! the thought of being in trouble.
*******
Twas a Thursday morning at 8am when we received a knock on our door. Usually able to sleep in on Thursdays, both of us were dead to the world. The rap tap tapping on our front room door finally woke me. Any time there is a knock on the door we stow Ellie in a back bedroom so we can manage what's going on. She tends to be a very curious cat and we don't want her wandering to the open door, thus revealing herself to the world.
In this case I was glad that I had stowed her away because upon peering through the peep whole I realized that my landlord is looming on the other side. I open the door and greet Mr. Landlord as well as this:
A brand new stove and a very impatient landlord greeted me at the door. It is of note to mention that we had ZERO idea that we were even getting a new stove unit, let alone a heads up on when they would be installing. At 8am when the doorbell rang, I had a landlord at the door trying to get in to install and a sleeping girlfriend that was locked up with her very awake and curious cat. YIKES. I asked Mr. Landlord for a few minutes so that I could wake up Becca and get all three of us out of the apartment. First, though, he wanted to look at the kitchen and take some measurements. Yikes again! Finally, I ushered him out the door and he gave me five whole minutes to get ready [and get out!]
I hadn't even shut the door the whole way when I saw the cat scamper out to my feet and turned to see Becca staggering, in "pj's"and sans contacts, into the living room. "Becca!", I exclaimed, horrified that the door had only barely been safely closed and that both of these gals almost revealed too much to the world! I looked my partner square in the eyes, urging her to wake up, and said calmly, "the landlord's are delivering a stove in five minutes. We have five minutes to get Ellie out of here!"
Like lightening Becca sprang awake and we both ran around the house like crazy people gathering photos, cat toys, litter boxes, food, scratching posts, etc. What couldn't be hidden in the house was thrown in laundry baskets and buried in clothes---including the cat! Five minutes later, on the dot, the doorbell rang. It was showtime! As soon as I opened the door, Becca went straight out, past the landlord, and down to the car. The cat was hidden in her kennel, buried under clothes, inside a huge laundry basket. She got safe to the car and we were homeless for a day, rebels without a cause.
Unsure of where to go we decided to swing by the PetStore to grab some kitty staples. It wasn't until we were in the very public, very broad light of day that Becca noticed that I had my shirt on both BACKWARDS and INSIDE OUT. Keepin it classy!
This just shows you how fast we left our apartment!
See the next post {PEOPLE OF WAL MART} for continued adventures of my nasty day out.
Without elsewhere to go we headed toward Sandy where we took shelter in a pet refuge known as Momma Janene's.
We walked in to find that it was nap time for the current kitty in residence....
We finally let the cat go in a bedroom that has been kitty proofed and is far away from the other animals of the house.
Hahahaha!!! Hilarious! That's exciting that you got a new stove, but seriously?? No notice?? Yikes. I'm so glad you survived - with the cat, as well. :D
ReplyDeleteI know it was crazy! We definitely have post traumatic stress from that experience because every time the doorbell rings now we lose it! :)
ReplyDelete