I have been going to Snowbird every July for as long as I can remember. It is a tradition that is so packed full of memories that sometimes I am surprised by how nostalgic I can be when I am there. This year was no different and as Becca and I made the trip to Snowbird for a very needed weekend getaway I remembered the many years that had brought me to this point. With the family busy doing other things the two of us enjoyed some quality time.We ate dinner at the southwest fare restaurant we normally do... we food the food less than thrilling this year which was disappointing. Dear Snowbird: bring back the goods! However, we find it increasingly entertaining how corporate branding shows up in the darndest of places...
We were so exhausted from our lives (wedding, bike ms, school, teaching, work, work, work, work, school, showers, rehearsals, etc.) that we had ZERO energy at the 'Bird. Instead of our usual morning hike and plaza concert enjoyment we kept mostly to the room where we read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series, played games, watched movies, and enjoyed the balcony. It must be noted that after four straight bouts of Stratego, Becca's favorite game that she has NEVER lost before, I, Kathy Leslie, finally WON! And I not only won, I KILLED IT!!!! You'll me me above with the flag I captured. Becca's below with her sore loser pout. :)
VICTORY IS MINE!
All in all it was a very relaxing weekend. Thanks to Dad and Laurie for sharing the condo and allowing us to take part in Snowbird for another year. See you next year!
A fun weekend away! A happy couple!
ReplyDelete