Thursday, July 22, 2010

Art Project!

Becca had to work last Friday night and I found myself bored. Sure, there were plenty of things to do: I could be grading, creating lesson plans, revising papers, cleaning the house, etc. But on a Friday night?! I couldn't bring myself to do it so I headed to Sugar house where I enjoyed a dinner of one at Tsunami (YUM!!). The dollar movie wasn't playing anything great so I randomly sauntered in to Michael's Arts and Crafts store. Suddenly I was hit with the desire to so something crafty.

WTF?!

If you know me then you know this is unusual... but I went with it! I called up my good friend Ashley and asked her how she had created some paintings that I had admired at her home. She put me on the right track and I suddenly had plans for my Friday night.

4 blank canvases, acrylic paints, and several foam brushes later....


The project workspace...


The loyal apprentice...


The cleaning of mixing bowls which I used to make the circles...


And VOILA! The new art for our previously very boring bedroom.
I loved my evening and will be doing this more often!!!!

2 comments:

  1. "i'm not crafty, i just make things" - ashley

    i love all the blog posts. i'm finally getting caught up. thanks for sharing! hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha--this quote by Ashley is amazing! Martha Stewart, meet Ashley. Ashley, meet Martha.

    ReplyDelete