How's that for a clever title?! Forgive my lack of creativity, I'm spent. I will say, however, that Valentine's this year was fabulous. It was Sarah-Dipitious, if you well. Why? Well, this V-Day I surprised Becca with concert tickets to the one and only Sarah McLachlan. This concert has been on my 'bucket list' for a long while, and she is an artist that Becca and I both love. I bought the tickets a while back and hid them from Becca so it could be a surprise. I made it all the way to Feb 13th, the night before the concert, and couldn't take it anymore. I was like a kid on the night before Christmas and wanted Becca to be as excited for the day ahead. As we were laying in the dark to go to sleep I reached my hand into my night stand and pulled out two small pieces of paper. I told Becca I was finally going to clue her in on what was going on for the next day and put the tickets in her hand in the pitch black room. Clearly confused, she jumped up to turn on the lights and saw these in her hand:

It was a fun way to unveil the big surprise! As Valentine's was on a Monday this year we had to wait until after I was out of class at 6pm. We chose to stay close to campus and hit up our favorite dive joint on University Avenue. Big Ed's is a great place for a good burger, cheap beer, and a low key atmosphere.


The concert was at Kingsbury Hall on the University of Utah campus. We're feeling pretty lucky that we just had to walk across campus to get there. Turns out there ARE some good things about going to the U. (go aggies). The concert itself was incredible. Ms. McLachlan can rock a tune, that is for sure. The playlist included some of our favorites and featured some new songs by Sarah as well as her bandmates Butterfly Boucher and Melissa McLelland. It was musical nirvana. I cried. (haha, really, I did). All in all, a great evening out.


when we got home, Becca surprised me with roses, a card, and a lustful box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates (some of my favorites). We're so cheesy, and we love it.


The chocolates were almost impossible to open. Thankfully I was able to bust through just shy of having to pull out the chainsaw.

We rounded out the night by letting Ellie have her own treat. Not bad for a capitalistic holiday.
No comments:
Post a Comment