Friday, May 6th was a great day. Krysten graduated with a Bachelor's in Psychology, and I walked for my Masters in Communication. We decided to turn the day into a family celebration. I must confess that it was one of the greatest days in life thus far, to be surrounded by folks I love, on a campus which increasingly means a lot to me, and celebrating our individual journey's of education...life was good that day. With my graduation ceremony beginning at 1:45p, and Krysten's at 6:15p, we made a day of it. We started the morning out by heading to our favorite breakfast place, Ruth's Diner. Delicious!






After breakfast we hit up the store to grab picnic supplies, and then went home to cool off for a few minutes before heading to campus for the College of Humanities Ceremony. Taylor looks great, eh?


Erin M. is one of my students over the last few semesters. So fun to see her graduate with her BA as well! The ceremony was a blast, it was nice to be able to sit by Keriann and other friends. We were ridiculous in trying to figure out how to get those damn hoods on though... Ann (our advisor) just laughed when she saw that we couldn't figure them out. She helped me put it on, thank goodness.


With Dr. Ann L. Darling, advisor extraordinaire

Love these women. Dr. Darling and Keriann Lynch. I wouldn't have survived my master's program without either of these women. Congrats to Keriann for finishing on time!! She's a rockstar.


I was so glad the Swain's came. I feel so supported and loved by Becca's family and I'm so grateful they are were part of this celebration.

This lady deserves an honorary masters degree. Even though I'm still in the thick of getting the degree, working on my masters as we speak (in July!), Becca has been nothing but supportive. She is the constant that keeps me steady even when my whole day feels overwhelming and busy. I love her and was so happy to have her by my side. Thanks, lady!
After my ceremony we hung out on campus in the perfect spring weather. Becca led us to a perfect spot next to the HPER. Plenty of grass to hang out and enjoy an afternoon picnic while we waited for Krysten's ceremony. In the theme of sticking with our favorites, we decided to have a campus favorite for lunch: THE PIE! So good! Thanks to mom, dad, and Laurie for helping us with the cost of pizza. Such a fun time.


Mmm...BBQ chicken! Also, please note my dad's t-shirt. USU pride, still! :)


How cute is she!?

Mom, Krys, and Taylor vegging out on the grass.

It was so nice to have such a low key day with the family. Nate and Hollie, Austin and Krysten, Me and Becca, Mom, Taylor, Dad and Laurie, and Linsey and Vince. Thanks to each of you for spending your day with us! Oh, and thanks to Becca for being inapprope with the paper plates. This is a family event, put those away!


Hollie helping Krysten get ready for the next graduation ceremony.


Austin and Nate getting their frisbee on...

Dad and Laurie catching some R and R...
After Krysten's ceremony we went for the sister's photo shoot.




I'm so grateful to my parents--all of them. Education is important to me because it is important to them. I'm happy to have parents who instilled hard work and a desire to be curious in me and my siblings.



Love you, Mom! Always my ultimate supporter and best friend.




How attractive are these folks?
No comments:
Post a Comment