The Stansbury Tri was held at Stansbury Park, which is just north of Tooele. It is a beautiful area and our team has held several training sessions to get ready for the big day. I could talk about the day, but it is so much more fun to show it. Get ready for lots of pictures...
![]() |
| Packet pick up the night before in Riverton at Run Gr8. |
| Morning of...pumping the tires |
| My face says it all---tired and nervous. Mostly nervous. |
| Stansbury Park Lake |
| This was so scary...I was nervous about having to swim with the men because of my "relay" status. |
| This is a great pic showing the dirt slope entrance. |
| 10 seconds to gun... |
| Go! |
| Becca had me in her sights the whole time...and on her finger! |
| Done! 50 minutes later, out of the swim. |
| Grateful for the help |
| Running after swimming a mile is so strange. It is very much like the feeling when you walk really fast on the airport moving sidewalk and then walk off and feel WOBBLY! |
| Heading up the hill to T1 (first transition) to pass off the timing chip to Joe |
| Joe takes the timing chip and is ready to head out |
| Setting out for 24 miles |
| I am so grateful for my partner. I love her and how much of a cheerleader she is for me. |
| Tony getting psyched for his upcoming run |
| HOT! I love this woman. |
| Joe is back! He crushed the bike course--pedaling at 21 mph he was back in 56 minutes |
| Tony is off for a 10K |
| Mad dash to the finish! |
| WOOT!!! 6.2 miles down, he is back! |
I had such a blast with my friends. It was a beautiful Saturday in Stansbury and felt great to push ourselves to personal PR's that we hadn't seen.

No comments:
Post a Comment