Monday, November 7, 2011

Changing of the Garb


The Vest. 

Oh the vest.  I have every understanding that this post is going to seem ridiculous to many, but the vest indeed will receive its own post.  The vest has been with me since high school.  For those of us keeping score, that would be over 10 years.  This red vest was found in my bedroom closet.  It may have been my brother's...or father's...who knows.  When it was first found it was puffy like a cloud.  Now upon retirement, its thin like tissue.  This vest went to Utah State and back.  It has seen Las Vegas, New York City, Boston, Sweden, and countless camping trips.  During my sophomore year of college I gave an impromptu speech in my public speaking class about the vest.  As a graduate student, I wore the vest to the early morning public speaking classes I taught at the University of Utah.  It is a blanket, a purse, an identity statement.  I know its silly but, retiring this vest was a difficult thing.  It was like giving up a security blanket, or selling a first car.  It was time to move on, but it sure does deserve its own tribute.  Goodbye vest! 

Out with the old, in with the new. 
For my birthday, Becca bought me a pastry cutter from my fave store, Sur La Table as well as a new vestibule.  LOVE. 
Birthday evening with the family!

1 comment:

  1. o my gosh, this may be my favorite post i've ever read!

    ReplyDelete